The Apprenticeship Hub is a free service where you can find an apprenticeship and get advice on all aspects of employment, including writing a CV, interview preparation tips and how to find the right apprenticeship for you.
We work with over 850 employers across Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, Shropshire and Cheshire, with key employers such as Michelin, ABB, Siemens, National Health Service (NHS) and more.
If you are offered a place on an apprenticeship, we will work with you to help you find a placement with a local employer.
- We will put your name forward to employers we are in contact with, or who contact us;
- We will give you information and advice about how to approach employers for yourself;
- We may invite you to special events to meet suitable employers;
- We will contact and make all necessary arrangements with any employer you know who wishes to offer you an apprenticeship – just let us know their name and contact details;
- We may offer you a place on a 'programme led apprenticeship' if you do not find an employer before the college training starts.
Once we have found a suitable match, you’ll attend a job interview and if successful you'll start a work trial for a few weeks. You'll be assessed at the end of your trial and your apprenticeship will begin.
We have a dedicated team of assessors who visit you regularly in the workplace and ensure that you are on the right track to achieve your chosen apprenticeship programme.
We are located in the main reception areas at Newcastle and Stafford College. Alternatively you can call us on the telephone numbers listed or email us.
At The Apprenticeship Hub we provide:
- Impartial career advice
- CV writing and interview hints and tips
- Help with completing application forms
- Writing cover letters
T: 01782 254287 (Newcastle)
T: 01785 275660 (Stafford)