- You can apply either on the College website or the government website to your chosen apprenticeship. Once we receive your application we will contact you regarding your CV and arranging an interview. If you don’t have a CV we can help you create one.
- Once we receive your application we will contact you regarding your CV and arranging an interview. If you don’t have a CV we can help you create one.
- Once you have applied either on the College website or the Government website you will be asked to come into the college for an initial interview.
- The interview is very informal and takes around 30-40 minutes.
- You will be asked to bring in any previous qualification certificates (e.g. GCSE results).
- You will be asked to email a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
- At your initial interview you will be sat with one of the assessors and have a discussion about the industry you are interested in studying your apprenticeship in.
- You will be shown our current apprenticeship vacancies.
- If you have come in for a specific apprenticeship and you are suitable, then the apprenticeship hub team will put your CV forward to the employer.
Interview with the employer
- Once you have had your initial interview with the College and your CV has been sent off to the employer, you will then be asked to go for an interview at the company.
- The Apprenticeship Hub team will email all interview information such as the date, time and location.
- Make sure you have read the job description and research the company!
- The employer may ask you to come for a work trial at their company to see how you get on working in the environment. This also gives you an opportunity understand how the business works.
- If you are successful in your interview and work trial (if applicable) you will be offered the apprenticeship at the company and you will sign your contract to join their team!
- Soon after you are offered the job you will start to work 4 days a week at the company.
- You will also sign up to your apprenticeship course with your assessor.
- One day a week you will either attend college or be given time within your job to complete specific tasks and assignments from your assessor.
If your interview was not successful, the Apprenticeship Hub team will be in touch to provide feedback and discuss other vacancies.