With more motor vehicles on the road than ever, the role of vehicle mechanics is getting ever more important.
A career in the sector can span from roadside technician to HGV mechanic and body work technician. Our courses, along with your hard work and dedication, will give you the hands on industry know-how to put you in the fast lane for a role in the motor vehicle industry.
Exciting things you’ll be part of at Stafford College
At Stafford College we have our own Palmbourne Technology Centre which offers a real working environment for vehicle mechanics students. You will split your time between working in the centre and studying in a classroom.
Depending on the course you choose, you could learn fabrication and welding, vehicle electrics, test and inspection, repair and maintenance, automotive service and retail, engine repair, brakes and suspension and much, much more.
Hybrid and Electric Vehicle (HEV) Technology
From September 2018 NSCG have made considerable investment into HEV technology to expand our already successful Motor Vehicle Technology provision delivery of Diplomas in Motor Vehicle repair and maintenance qualifications at Level 1 to Level 3 in both Full time and Apprenticeships.
Brand new cars to our current inventory for 2018-19 include;
- Tesla Model X Electric
- Toyota Prius Hybrid
- Nissan Leaf Electric
- BMW i3 Electric
- Model Green Enviro Car
Brand new state-of-the-art HEV workshop which includes;
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicle (HEV) interactive training rigs
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicle (HEV) super chargers (x 4)
- State of the art inspection lifts and ramps
- Systems and training rigs for Motor Vehicle Engineering (including Construction Plant) in Petrol and Diesel Engines
- Environmental tech training equipment
- Immersive experience simulator
- Two fully interactive immersive Virtual Welders