The Group's achievement rates on A Levels and advanced vocational courses consistently exceed national benchmarks, firmly placing Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) among the top 10% of General Further Education Colleges in the country, for learners aged 16-18.
At NSCG, we recognise that results matter to young people and their parents.
The latest Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) national achievement rate tables, published on 26 March 2020 on the gov.uk website for the academic 2018-2019 year shows that NSCG's achievement rate for 16-18 year old full-time learners during the last academic year stood at 88.6%, placing the Group in the top spot in Staffordshire and South Cheshire and in the top 10% of Colleges nationally. Achievement rates are a measure of how many students completed and passed the course they studied. To compare us to other local FE providers please click here.
Achieving three or more substantial qualifications is key to unlocking progression on to university and into a good career. For several consecutive years NSCG has been the biggest provider of students to higher education in Staffordshire, with over 1100 students progressing to over 60 different universities last year. This is just one of the reasons why we’re the college of first choice locally.
We've recently been ranked joint second of UK colleges in the NICDEX league tables, which measures students and employer satisfaction and learner progression! Read the full story here.
A Level Results 2020
In 2020, 1112 A Level entries were made in 29 subjects.
- 97.12% pass rate
- 450 A Level entries achieved high grades A*- B with 763 achieving A* - C
Here are some of the highlights from our class of 2020:
- Former Clayton Hall Academy student, Benjamin Millward, achieved A*A*A* A in Chemistry, Physics, Maths & Further Maths and is going to study Natural Sciences at Cambridge University
- Former Walton HIgh School student, Jessica Moore, achieved A*A*A in Psychology, Sociology and Graphics and is going to study Psychology at the University of Kent
- Former Sir Thomas Boughey Academy student, Jack Heath, achieved A*A*A A in English Literature, History, Film Studies and EPQ and is going to study English at Cambridge University
- Former Chesterton Community Sports College student Olivia Machin, 17, achieved AAAA in English Literature, History, Law and EPQ and is going to study English Literature at Lancaster University
- Former Blessed William Howard Catholic High School student, Orla Fielder, achieved AAA* in Art, Graphics and Photography and is going to Staffordshire University to study Illustration
Vocational Results 2020
- 81% of students achieving high grades (DMM or higher)
- 63% awarded DDD+
- 33% achieving the highest possible grade combination of D*D*D*
Consistently high performing subject areas achieving high grades (DDD+) include:
· 100% of Fashion students achieved high grades
· 91% of Health and Social Care students achieved high grades
· 88% of Applied Science students achieved high grades
· 82% of Sport & Exercise Science students achieved high grades
· 81% of Computing students achieved high grades
· 80% of Dance students achieved high grades
· 80% of Musical Theatre students achieved high grades
Our apprenticeship achievement rates are more than 10% above the national average, placing NSCG as the leading college provider in the region. We currently work with more than 850 employers, supporting more than 2300 apprentices in a wide range of industries to "earn whilst they learn".