The Group's achievement rates on A Levels and advanced vocational courses consistently exceed national benchmarks, firmly placing Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) among the top 10% of General Further Education Colleges in the country, for learners aged 16-18.
At NSCG, we recognise that results matter to young people and their parents.
The latest Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) national achievement rate tables, published on Thursday 28 March on the gov.uk website for the academic 2017-2018 year shows that NSCG's achievement rate for 16-18 year old full-time learners during the last academic year increased to 89.3%, placing the Group in the top spot in Staffordshire and South Cheshire and in the top 15% of Colleges nationally. Achievement rates are a measure of how many students completed and passed the course they studied. To compare us to other local FE providers please click here.
Achieving three or more substantial qualifications is key to unlocking progression on to university and into a good career. For several consecutive years NSCG has been the biggest provider of students to higher education in Staffordshire, with over 1100 students progressing to over 60 different universities last year. This is just one of the reasons why we’re the college of first choice locally.
We've recently been ranked joint second of UK colleges in the NICDEX league tables, which measures students and employer satisfaction and learner progression! Read the full story here.
A Level Results 2019
In 2019, more than 1100 A Level entries were made in more than 33 subjects.
- 97% pass rate
- 402 A Level entries achieved high grades A*- B with 707 achieving A* - C
Here are some of the highlights from our class of 2019:
- Eve Lovatt, 18, achieved AAA in History, Politics and Psychology and is going to study History at the University of Oxford
- Katie Quayle, 18, achieved A*A*A in History, Psychology and Religious Education and is going to study Politics and Philosophy at the University of Bristol
- Callum Finn, 18, achieved AAA in Maths, Physics and Computer Science and is going to study Computer Science at the University of Birmingham
Vocational Results 2019
Our 2019 Vocational results are our best ever!
- Best ever BTEC Extended Diploma results across 24 subject areas –
- 80% of students achieving high grades
- 54% awarded the highest possible grade of Distinction* (D*)
- record breaking 35% achieving the highest possible grade combination of D*D*D*
Consistently high performing subject areas achieving high grades (DMM) include:
- 100% of Musical Theatre students achieved high grades
- 94% of Health and Social Care students achieved high grades
- 88% of Computing students achieved high grades
- 87.5% of Applied Science students achieved high grades
- 87% of Travel & Tourism students achieved high grades
- 85% of Sport & Exercise Science students achieved high grades
- 83% of Childcare students achieved high grades
- 81% of Graphics students achieved high grades
- In Health & Social Care 65% of students achieved the highest possible grade profile of D*D*D* (equivalent to 3 A* in A Levels)
- In Sport & Exercise Science 56% of students achieved D*D*D* grades (equivalent to 3 A* in A Levels)
Our apprenticeship achievement rates are more than 10% above the national average, placing NSCG as the leading college provider in the region. We currently work with more than 850 employers, supporting more than 2300 apprentices in a wide range of industries to "earn whilst they learn".