Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group extends huge congratulations to the 'Class of 2023', whose stellar grades once again outperform national averages and position NSCG as 'Staffordshire's Leading College'.
At NSCG, we recognise that results matter to young people and their parents, and we are exceptionally proud of the students who've shown resilience, drive, determination and ambition to secure these outstanding results.
Achieving three or more substantial qualifications is key to unlocking progression on to university and into a good career. For several consecutive years NSCG has been the biggest provider of students to higher education in Staffordshire, with 1220 students progressing to 102 different universities last year.
This is just one of the many reasons why we’re Staffordshire's Leading College.
A Level Results 2023
In 2023, 1242 A Level entries were made with a pass rate of 99.1%.
- 84.13% of A Level entries achieved A* - C grades, compared to the national rate of 75.4%
- 59% of A Level entries achieved high grades A*-B, compared to the national rate of 52.7%, 24% of which were A* - A.
- 84.4% of Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) entries achieved high grades A*-B
- A Level subjects reporting a 100% pass rate, include: Animation, Art & Design, Biology, Business, Economics, English Language, English Literature, Film Studies, Further Maths, Geography, Graphic Design, History, Media Studies, Photography, Physics, Psychology, Sociology and Theatre Studies
- 100% pass rate on A+ Certificates including: Business, Criminology,Human Biology, Financial Studies, Law and Psychology.
- 71% of A+ Programme entries achieved distinction star or distinction grades
T Level & Vocational Results 2023
- 100% pass rate on our brand new T Level Early Years and Education course
- 85.4% of T Level learners achieved distinction grades or above (equivalent to A or above at A Level)
- 1249 BTEC Extended Diploma entries with 98.4% pass rate
- 72.3% of Vocational (BTEC) entries achieved high grades DMM or above (equivalent to A* - B at A Level)
- 46.8% of Vocational (BTEC) entries achieved DDD grades or higher (equivalent to A or above at A Level)
BTEC Extended Diploma subjects with particularly strong grade profiles are as follows:
- Photography – 80% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Dance – 68.5% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Acting – 66.7% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Information Technology – 58.5% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Graphic Design – 57.14% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Forensic & Criminal Investigation – 56.25% of students achieved DDD or above
- Sport & Exercise Science – 52.4% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Health & Social Care – 51% of students achieved grade DDD or above
Our apprenticeship achievement rates are more than 13% above the national average, placing NSCG as the leading college provider in the region.
We currently work with more than 900 employers across Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, Shropshire and Cheshire, supporting more than 2300 apprentices in a wide range of industries to "earn whilst they learn".