The Group's achievement rates on A Levels and advanced vocational courses consistently exceed national benchmarks, firmly placing Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) among the top 10% of General Further Education Colleges in the country, for learners aged 16-18.
At NSCG, we recognise that results matter to young people and their parents.
The latest Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) national achievement rate tables, published on 26 March 2020 on the gov.uk website for the academic 2018-2019 year shows that NSCG's achievement rate for 16-18 year old full-time learners during the last academic year stood at 88.6%, placing the Group in the top spot in Staffordshire and South Cheshire and in the top 10% of Colleges nationally. Achievement rates are a measure of how many students completed and passed the course they studied. To compare us to other local FE providers please click here.
Achieving three or more substantial qualifications is key to unlocking progression on to university and into a good career. For several consecutive years NSCG has been the biggest provider of students to higher education in Staffordshire, with over 1100 students progressing to over 60 different universities last year. This is just one of the reasons why we’re the college of first choice locally.
We've recently been ranked joint second of UK colleges in the NICDEX league tables, which measures students and employer satisfaction and learner progression! Read the full story here.
A Level Results 2021
In 2021, 1050 A Level entries were made in 27 subjects.
- 99.8% pass rate
- 60.7% of A Level entries achieved high grades A*-B, 30.5% of which were A*-A, 85.6% achieved A*-C
- 26 out of 27 A Level courses report 100% pass rate, including Accounting, Art & Design, Business, Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Economics, English Language, English Literature, Film Studies, French, Geography, Graphic Design, History, Law, Media Studies, Photography, Physics, Physical Education, Psychology, Philosophy, Religion & Ethics, Sociology and Theatre Studies
Vocational Results 2021
- 1251 BTEC Extended Diploma entries with 99.8% pass rate
- 79.1% of students achieving high grades (DMM or higher)
- 25 out of 26 Level 3 BTEC subjects report a 100% pass rate.
- Subjects with particularly strong grade profiles are as follows:
Travel & Tourism – 79.5% of students achieved grade DDD or above
Sport & Exercise Science – 77.3% of students achieved grade DDD or above
Health & Social Care – 76.3% of students achieved grade DDD or above
Business – 74% of students achieved grade DDD or above
Fashion - 73.3% of students achieved grade DDD or above
Performing Arts – 71.4% of students achieved grade DDD or above
Our apprenticeship achievement rates are more than 10% above the national average, placing NSCG as the leading college provider in the region. We currently work with more than 850 employers, supporting more than 2300 apprentices in a wide range of industries to "earn whilst they learn".