A Levels or A+ programmes are great options if you want to progress to university or on to a higher apprenticeship. All courses are two years long and the majority of students will study three subjects over this period. Students who can demonstrate a track record of high academic achievement may decide to study four subjects from the A Level and A+ subject options, or take an Extended Project Qualification as their fourth subject.
The majority of A Level subjects are assessed by external examinations at the end of your two year studies so it’s important you are comfortable studying for, and taking external examinations.
An A+ programme allows you to combine A Level subjects together with a BTEC Extended Certificate and provides a greater balance of examinations and coursework.
This is you:
• I am good at exams
• I like theories, ideas and facts
• I want to study three subjects in depth
• I intend to go on to university or get a higher apprenticeship
• I’m happy to complete independent study and further research outside of the classroom
• A high overall GCSE score with a minimum of five 9-4 grades, which should include three or more at grade 5 or above. Your GCSEs should include maths and English Language at a minimum of grade 4. Please note there are additional entry requirements for some subjects.
Your Study Programme:
• Usually three subjects over two years
• Relevant work experience
• Tutorial sessions
• Enrichment opportunities
• Independent study and regular homework
• Progression examinations in year 1 and final examinations in year 2
Step up to a top university or move into a competitive programme like Medicine or Law with our Honours Programme. Perfect for ambitious and high-achieving students.
Extra-curricular activities boost your learning, build confidence, develop skills and improve your chances of an offer from a world-class university.