Want to progress to university or a higher apprenticeship? Our two-year A Level or A+ Programmes are great options. Most students study three subjects. But if you have a track record of high academic achievement, you might decide to study four A Level subjects, or take an Extended Project Qualification as your fourth subject.
You must be comfortable studying for, and taking, external exams because that’s how most A Level subjects are assessed at the end of the two years.
An A+ Programme lets you combine A Level subjects with a BTEC Extended Certificate for a better balance of exams and coursework.
This is you:
• I am good at exams
• I like theories, ideas and facts
• I want to study three subjects in depth
• I intend to go on to university or get a higher apprenticeship
• I’m happy doing independent study and research outside of the classroom
• A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 5 or above including Maths and English Language, in subjects relevant to your A Level or A+ Programme subject choices. Some subjects have additional entry requirements.
Your Study Programme:
• Usually three subjects over two years
• Relevant work experience
• Tutorial sessions
• Enrichment opportunities
• Independent study and regular homework
• Internal progression exams and key assessments throughout the course and external final exams in year 2
Find yourself reaching higher on our Honours Programme.
Step up to a top university or move into a competitive programme like Medicine or Law with our Honours Programme. Perfect for ambitious and high-achieving students.
The Honours Programme is an additional pathway for students whose aspirations are to progress onto highly competitive courses at top universities, such as those in the Russell Group. Once accepted onto the programme, you’ll be expected to commit extra time every week to this intensive support pathway.