INTERMEDIATE LEVEL 2 OR ADVANCED LEVEL 3
Apprenticeships are great if you want to jump straight into the world of work, earn a wage and pick up technical and practical skills whilst you study for a nationally-recognised qualification. Our team from The Apprenticeship Hub are here to help, so you can chat through your options and find the right apprenticeship for you.
This is you:
• I know what job I want and I’d like to start now
• I want to experience student life and work life
• I want to get the right qualifications for my job
• I want to start earning money
• I want to study to kick-start my career or get into university
• Two or more GCSEs at grade 4 or above in subjects that are relevant to your course. You should be looking for a job, already have one or ask for help finding one through The Apprenticeship Hub.
Your Study Programme:
• 20% study time - off the job at college or in the workplace
• An apprenticeship (Intermediate Level 2 or Advanced Level 3)
• Maths and English*
There are three levels of study:
- Apprenticeship - usually two GCSEs at grade C or above or an NVQ Level 1. The Apprenticeship leads to NVQ Level 2 plus Functional Skills and a Technical Certificate. The NVQ Level 2 is equivalent to five GCSEs at grade A* to C.
- Advanced Apprenticeship - usually four or more GCSEs at grade C or above (there may be specific GCSE subjects and grades for some work areas) or successful completion of an Apprenticeship Programme.
The Advanced Apprenticeship leads to NVQ Level 3 plus Functional Skills and a Technical Certificate. The NVQ Level 3 is equivalent to two A Levels and can allow you to progress on to higher education programmes.
- Higher Apprenticeship - You need to have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship or another relevant Level 3 qualification. The Higher Apprenticeship leads to an NVQ Level 4 with a Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if required.
If you are an employer, go to our employer apprenticeships page.