Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) is the largest and most successful further education provider in Staffordshire, and bolstered by our considerable Higher Education (HE) provision we are the college of first choice across the region. We offer a fantastic range of courses which deliver higher level technical skills and professional career development.
Our campuses provide a friendly welcome with first-class facilities and a dedicated staff team who put student success at the heart of everything they do. We have over 500 HE learners currently studying with us.
Recognised for our outstanding student support, we want to make sure that your experience with us is a positive one, so we'll make sure you get all the support you need for the duration of your course, from study support to help with your finances.
Across our campuses, we consistently exceed national benchmarks and the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) commented on our good practice in developing students’ employability skills and the integrated range of student support.
No traditional qualifications for university entry?
If you don't have traditional qualifications for university entry then our Access to Higher Education (HE) link to Access to HE page course could be for you. It's a stepping stone to a degree and can be taken via a number of different pathways including Health, Education, Social Science and Medicine & Healthcare Professions.
Seven reasons to study higher education at College
1. We've got the know-how
Our specialist lecturers have industry experience to give you a career-focussed perspective on your studies.
2. We're more flexible
You can choose to study on a full-time or part-time basis, whichever suits you best.
3. Our facilities are first-class
We've invested £77million into our facilities since 2010 to ensure our learning environments are amongst the best in the country.
4. Personal learning
You'll be taught in classrooms, with smaller class sizes rather than lecture theatres, which makes lessons feel more personal. You'll also receive individual study support.
5. Our results are fantastic
We're the highest performing college in Staffordshire. We can boast 100% pass rates on many of our courses, so you should have a great chance of success.
7. Lower tuition fees
The average price most universities charge for a three year degree is currently £27,000 (or £18,000 for two years). The equivalent of two years study with us will cost you around £12,000 not to mention the savings you'll make on living and travel costs. Loans are available to cover the costs, so there's no need to worry about having to pay everything upfront. And you won't have to pay anything back until you're working and earning more than £25,725 a year.
If you would like to talk to us about any of our courses, or about the application process, please contact us on the details below:
T 01782 254254 (Newcastle Campus)
T 01785 223800 (Stafford Campus)
- Teaching Learning And Enhancement Strategy For Higher Education Students (419.48 KB)
- Complaints Procedure Nscg Sept 2017 (160.05 KB)
- HE Access Statement (320.8 KB)
- HE Review (QAA) (370.85 KB)
- Freedom Of Speech Code Of Practice (124.96 KB)
- Tuition Fee Policy (191.5 KB)
- HE Support Policy (304.79 KB)
- NMH Rates (269.1 KB)
- Terms And Conditions (176.55 KB)
- Student Protection Plan Newcastle Stafford Colleges Group (157.83 KB)
- Assessment Moderation Verification Policy (435.5 KB)
- Extenuating Circumstances Policy (389.17 KB)
- Recognition Of Prior Learning (347.71 KB)
- Student Charter Sept 2019 (321.01 KB)
- He Admissions Policy (312.75 KB)
- He Academic Appeals Policy (417.33 KB)
- Newcastle And Stafford College Group Student Transfer Arrangements (356.69 KB)