Does working with cars get you all revved up?
A career in the automotive sector could span anything from being a roadside technician to HGV mechanic or body-work expert. Our courses are guaranteed to give you the hands-on skills you’ll need to get in the fast lane for a role in the motor industry.
Our Palmbourne Construction and Skills Centre offers a real working environment where you can study a Motor Vehicle course. You’ll split your time between working in the centre and studying in a classroom.
Depending on which course you choose, you’ll learn about fabrication and welding, vehicle electrics, testing and inspection, hybrid vehicle technology, repairing and maintenance and much, much more!
Hybrid and Electric Vehicle (HEV) Technology
NSCG have made considerable investment into HEV technology to expand our already successful Motor Vehicle Technology provision delivery of Diplomas in Motor Vehicle repair and maintenance qualifications at Level 1 to Level 3 in both Full time and Apprenticeships.
Brand new cars to our current inventory for 2018-19 include;
- Tesla Model X Electric
- Toyota Prius Hybrid
- Nissan Leaf Electric
- BMW i3 Electric
- Model Green Enviro Car
Brand new state-of-the-art HEV workshop which includes;
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicle (HEV) interactive training rigs
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicle (HEV) super chargers (x 4)
- State of the art inspection lifts and ramps
- Systems and training rigs for Motor Vehicle Engineering (including Construction Plant) in Petrol and Diesel Engines
- Environmental tech training equipment
- Immersive experience simulator
- Two fully interactive immersive Virtual Welders