Course overviewThis qualification comprises the skills and knowledge required to plan, provide and evaluate sports massage treatments for both sporting and non-sporting clients suffering from a wide range of conditions, such as muscle fatigue, lumbago/non- specific low back pain, and repetitive strain/overuse, non-acute type injuries
Key knowledge and understanding:
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Principles of health and fitness
- Professional practice in sports massage
- The principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Fundamentals of sports massage treatments
- Assessment and screening of clients for sports massage treatments
- Formulation of massage strategies in accordance with clients requirements and expectations
- Application of fundamental sports massage techniques
- Evaluation of sports massage treatment
What are the entry requirements?
- be 16+ years old
- be fit enough to perform sports massage
- have basic skills in communication pitched at level
How is it assessed?
its content is vocationally related to the roles of a Level 3 Sports Massage Therapist.
It comprises the following units, all of which must all be completed to achieve this qualification:
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage (Level 3, 10 credits)
- Principles of health and fitness (Level 2, 3 credits)
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction (Level 3, 3 credits)
- Professional practice in sports massage (Level 3, 5 credits)
- Sports massage treatments (Level 3, 16 credits
What financial support is on offer?
You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan or Higher Education Loan to help with the costs of your course if you are 19 or older and the course you are studying is an eligible Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 course.
*This is at the Colleges discretion. If you have any queries with regards to the funding of your course, please contact Charlotte Robertson on 01782 254141 or email email@example.com
What can I do next?
- Eligibility to register with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) as a massage therapist
- This qualification meets the pre-entry requirements of YMCA Awards Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therap
How do I find out more?
Exercise & Fitness
Course not right for you?
These similar courses may be more suited to you